Sunday, October 25, 2009

What could be the cause of this extreme back, neck, and shoulder pain? Also in legs, arms, & wrists for months

Way back in Nov. I ended up in the ER from pain in my back and shoulder. I couldn't even lift my arm. It had started weeks before, but had progressed to the point that I oculdn't move. There is a section of skin over my spine that I cannot feel. THe pain often goes down my arm into my wrist. THe back and neck pain is severe, and the shoulder pain is unbearable. Our ER is terrible, and they didn't XRay, or even examine me in any way they just gave me muscle relaxers and told me to call my Dr. Well, I then went to an Orthopedic Dr. He did XRays %26 said I had a problem in my neck %26 shoulder, %26 should go to Physical Therapy %26 have an MRI--didn't say what the problem was. I went to him several times since the MRI %26 I have had a Cortisone shot in my shoulder, %26 I was going to the PT twice a week for several months. I've had time off work to rest, so I don't think it is a pulled muscle plus it has affected so many parts of my body. Any ideas of what it could be or what I should do next?
Answer:
I would personally go to another doctor. It may seem frustrating, but keep trying until you get resolution, or at least a definitive diagnosis. Ask them to look at your spine as one idea, maybe you have a nerve impingement. Good luck!
go to a different doctor, and it can be your nerves
you should see a chiroprator

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do you © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net