Sunday, October 25, 2009

What could a hard knot in the back of my neck be?

I've had a fairly firm "knot" in the back of my neck for over 10 years now. It's slightly off to the left and right below the baseline of my skull. It's maybe an inch long/wide and almost feels like it's attached to one of the tendons in my neck. I had it looked at by a doctor a long time ago and he didn't seem concerned, but it has to be something, right? I sometimes feel a dull ache on that side of my neck (running from up near my ear down to my shoulder), but I don't know if it's necessarily related to the knot. Has anyone experienced something like this and, if so, received a diagnosis?
Answer:
Visit a chiropractor. When I get one it is generally caused by stress. Not only does my back hurt, but I get cranial muscle spasms and migraine headaches. A good chiropractor can relieve many of the symptoms in several visits, and all without medication.
have you been to the doctor? that is the first place you should go
it could be posture, if your slouching for periods of time or slump shoulders and not adjustingto sit properly you can develop a knot
It is probably just an enlarged lymph node. I have one in the same place, and in other places around my neck. The doctors told me it was nothing to worry about.
Many people have these. I forget what they call them exactly but it might be a LYMPH. Don't worry they aren't deadly and are nothing to worry about. My brother has one on his neck too.

:)
I have almost the same problem and went to a chiropractor
who said my neck was out which he now manipulating in.
But I was having alot of pain and headaches. Family doctors
seem to poo-poo stuff like you have and think it isn't of consequence if you are not in great pain.
My husband has had one for many years and his dr told him that it is a fat deposit, he did lots of manual labor-worked on a drilling rig, and he got this right after he retired-the dr. said that it was like muscles not being uses they go to flab. Did you use to do manual labor/heavy lifting? If so you used your neck muscles more than you realize and now maybe you don't!
i would get a second opinion if you aren't happy with your doctor's response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do you © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net