Saturday, October 31, 2009

What do I say in a card to someone that was hurt in a accident that was my fault?

I was in a car accident that was my falut because I hydroplaned. The man I hit is hurt and I need to send a card to let them know im thinking about them... What should I say?
Answer:
No! No, no, no.

You are not to contact him at all without your lawyers permission. And if you don't have a lawyer---then you need to get one. Immediately. And don't say it was your fault.even if it was. Do you want to be sued and lose everything? Or have your parents lose everything if you are a minor?
Call a lawyer. Do not call or send the man anything. You can pray for him.
I'm serious. If you don't have a lawyer yet, call your insurance company right away. They will tell you the exact same thing.
start in wit bold letters "OOPS! MY BAD."lol payin his medical bills mite b a good idea as well...
Say what you feel. Something along the lines of I wish you a speedy recovery and you are in my prayers. It's not admitting fault (in case they wanted to sue you, t hey could use the words from your card admitting it was you and not the car) but it's showing you actually care about what happened.
blame them for getting in the situation in the first place, say something like "you should have known something like this would've happened with me in the equation"
How about "Hi, please give me a chance to say how sorry I am, that you have been hurt. If I can do anything at all to make it up to you, I will. Perhaps you need someone to help take care of your pets, or water your plants, or come by the hospital and run errands for you. I will help you in any way I can. Please accept my sincerest apologies, and let me know what I can do to help. Yours sincerely xxxxxx " You probably shouldnt be accepting blame for the accident, until you have spoken to your insurance.
As bad as you feel and as much as you want to say you are sorry, DON'T. Unfortunately we live in a SUE, SUE, SUE society. Only contact the person through your lawyer and if you don't have one, get one. The only thing you can really do at this point is pray for a speedy recovery for the person. You put yourself at risk by making contact without legal representation, sad, but true. Sheeba

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do you © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net