Sunday, October 25, 2009

What could this be?

I have had a headache for the past 6 or so hours, and I'm just a little worried. It's in my forehead mostly, but it goes all over my head. I thought it might be stress or tiredness but I'm not sure, so I'll see what you all think.
I have really bad allergies and the pollen counts have been through the roof lately, plus the weather is changing. I've been really tired cause I have a ton of work to do, and I haven't been sleeping well lately either. Also last week, I had a blood test done (they thought I had mono) and they said I just had some kind of virus, and to rest and get fluids, which I tried to do, but again, it's hell week before exams, so it's difficult.
But if you have any ideas as to what could be behind my headache, that would be amazing. I don't have time to be sick and really need this to go away soon. Thanks!
Answer:
Sounds like stress build up mixed in with allergies.
allergys
A couple of Advil (ibuprofen) usually kill a headache for me weather it's sinus, cold, or allergy. Drink plenty of water-you may even try tea with the advil- sometimes a little caffeine will help knock out the headache. Advil will also take the edge off of some aches and pains as it is an anti-inflammatory.
Stress; you are under a great deal of it. It will probably linger because of your allergies and the virus you have. Since you have so many exams and can't really rest properly it is going to be hard to get rid of.

My best suggestions are : remember to eat, take asprin every 4 hours (i like excedrin), try and sleep at least 6 hours (take a sleeping pill if you need to ), and if it hurts bad enough a cold washcloth on forehead while you lay down.
Headaches can be caused by minor problems
like eyestrain, lack of coffee or more serious reasons
like head injury, brain tumors, encephalitis and
meningitis. Taking painkillers continuously can
have harmful side effects, so it is better to
modify your lifestyle. More information available at

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do you © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net