Saturday, October 31, 2009

What do you do to make yourself fall asleep?


Answer:
I have never found that counting sheep has ever helped me!!
Anyway I sometimes like to have a shower (often in the dak)
use lavender oil on your pillow
I like using magnesium tablets when I am having a bad patch (get the easily absorbed ones). I take them about 20-30mins before bed...marvelous.
Sometimes the tense the muscles then release them bit by bit eg toes, then ankels, calves etc
Also no caffeine after 4pm!! (If not earlier).I find it really affects me...not that I drink that much anyway, but when I try to sleep my mind is buzzing (also eating too close to bedtime and too much sugar can make you "twtichy").
Try going to be at a similar time too...it helps the body get into a routine eg my body gets more awake after 11pm so I try to be asleep before then otherwise I tend to stay awake for at least an hour.
seroquel
cOUNT sHEEP zZzZzZzZzZzZ LOL
Reading always makes me fall asleep. The problem is that I have to get up to turn the light off, and that wakes me back up. I wish I had a clapper or a light closer to my bed.
after i lay down and close my eyes, i keep closing them. it feels like i have 20 layers of eyelids and with each one i close it gets darker. and really, what happens is more with my eye itself shutting down.
http://www.uspharmacist.com/oldformat.as...
Stay up all night on YA till my head hits the monitor twice.
Close your eyes and keep them shut.
music
Count sheep, count money, cuddle with my cat so I can stay warm while I hear her purr soothingly. :) I hate reading unless it's a really, really, really, good book, so pick out a REALLY boring book, and start reading and you'll fall asleep instantly! That one always works. Lol.
Well that depends... SOMETIMES- I mull over some of the questions I couldn't answer, -on here! Makes me wish I were smarter... -or at LEAST better able to help more people... :)
i watch tv till im to tired to keep my eyes open
This is a secret and little people know this...Its a herbal pill and its called Melatonin take one pill and you will fall asleep like a babie in a matter of 15 - 30 minutes :)
Mate, I have tried everything, herbal teas, meditation, counting sheep, reading etc., depending on what is keeping your awake, think about it, once that problem is solved, maybe it will help, it not see a doctor, they are pretty good at sorting out whats going on with you, especially if you have a regular family doctor, I have menieres disease so sleep to me is extremely important, and i was eventually prescribed valium 5mg per night but sometimes even that doesn't work, you really need to source the problem and resolve it, believe me it will help, and I've been an insomniac for over 25 years so I wish you good luck, but remember drugs are a last solution, try valerian they are a herbal sedative which helped me when I was younger, but not anymore, also cut out caffeine and sugar etc, anything that hypes you up, Goodluck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do you © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net