Sunday, October 25, 2009

What could this be?

About 3 days ago my back (kinda like up around my right shoulder blade). It started off more annoying than painful then over the past couple of days it got worse. Now its at the point to where if I move my right arm or turn my head to the right it leaves me in tears. I thought maybe I pulled a muscle but Im not so sure considering the pain is getting worse rather than better. I have been taking tylenol left and right but I still feel no comfort. If anyone knows what this could possibly be I would greatly appreciate it. ( I really don't want to go to the Dr.)
Answer:
I have the same problem. Tylenol is an analgesic, it is not an anti inflammatory. You need to take ASA, ibuprofen, voltaren or any anti inflamatory. I never saw a doctor but I have modified my life. Do not do anything to strain your shoulder. but do exercise by rolling your shoulders back. apply pressure by leaning against a wall. I stopped holding my purse on my afflicted shoulder and tried to take the pressure off my bra straps. Try lying down flat with a cold pack under your shoulder.
Strain. Go to the doctor he can give you some good medication and also possibly an injection and get you back to normal

Tylenol does nothing. You can take Aleve (naproxen sodium)
Have you been online a lot? Mouse?
Well it sounds like you really did pull a muscle. Careful with the tylenol you could take to much and make yourself sick. But you could try using a heating pad and get a massage. If it dosen't get better you will need to see a doctor. You could also try seeing a chiropractor to get adjusted, and some physical therapy.
Well if there are no bullet holes I would have to say that you pulled the shoulder probably by sleeping on an odd angle..pulled the rotator cuff and this can be very painful and a muscle relaxant or an anti-inflammatory like Naproxen or Diclofenac, Novo-Cycloprine..all from prescription at Drs...or go to Pharmacy and buy Celebrex over counter. Hot bath and about 3 hours later use the blue cold cream in a jar called Ice cold gel also from Pharmacy..works good.
IT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT I HAD it started off like that.

Under the shoulder blade and began to effect my sleep my arm would feel like it fell asleep and I would wake up in unbearable agony. The Dr. said that it was due to the muscle being knotted due to damage from lifting my son for so many years. If you can get some one to try and really work (massage the spot) then try some light stretching and shoulder rolls etc. How is your posture ? That was a factor for me also.
I lived with the pain too long and by the time I went to the Dr. I has to go to physical Therapy , endure painful miofasha release (sp?) (basically the guy strumming the muscles like right in the "knot" and then get Novocaine injections in the sight for a year.
I still had trouble but not so bad. I went to yoga, my friend got her license and wanted me to go. I am NOT the yoga type. 5 months later I realized that the pain literally had vanished I do some stretches to keep it up. Hope any of this will help/.

The point is that you are catching it early and then there is some ideas if you need them.

So Sorry, So painful :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do you © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net